Job title: Personal Photographer and Visual Content Creator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: CoS and Executive Assistant
Department: Office of the CEO
Connected Development [CODE] is a non-governmental organisation that is building the largest social accountability movement and empowering marginalised communities across Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building the capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable.
Hamzat Lawal (Hamzy!) is an activist leading grassroots campaigns across Africa informing decisions and policy making as it affects the lives of poor rural people. He has built a solid reputation both nationally and internationally. Recognised amongst 100 most influential people in Africa and bags many awards for this grassroots work. Hamzy founded CODE, Follow The Money and sits on many non-profit boards.
To further drive our messages and amplify the voices of grassroots communities, we are looking for competent hands to help expand our footprints and drive value through online and offline content. The role will support the communications team to shape CODE’s content and communications strategy.
– Responsible for capturing, editing, and producing studio-quality photos and videos of the CEO for internal and external purposes.
– Manage and oversee all technical aspects of CEO’s video recording and editing
– Follow CODEs brand guidelines and develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
– Create distinctive videos for the CEO
– Turn over tasks within the shortest possible time.
– Cut video sequences effectively to ensure the scenes are seamless and flow logically.
– Perform video editing including inserting music, sound effects, story-boarding etc.
– Utilize technical know-how in selecting, assembling, positioning and operating equipment.
– Ensure colour grading of the shoot is top notch.
– Edit raw footage content for producing film and video.
– Perform video and audio editing based on story sequence and continuity.
– Capture quality photographs and shoot videos.
– Ability to tell video stories with motion content and interview clips
– Responsible for managing Cameras, lightings and other equipment.
– Provide creative input (ideas, lighting techniques, camera movements, lenses filters etc.) to video production / shoots planning.
– Organize and assemble video segments to deliver a continuous and sequential story of specified length.
Resolve technical issues as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Proven experience as a Cinematographer / Video Editor – operating relevant equipment; cameras, lighting etc.
– Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Adobe PRO, InDesign
– Content creating skills
– Sound knowledge of filming.
– A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics, video application
– A keen eye for aesthetics and details
– Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
– An ego-free attitude when it comes to taking constructive feedback and running with it
– Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
– Positive, flexible, solution-oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team of professionals working toward a common goal
– Mature, coachable, and happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane design tasks
Method of Application:
Kindly fill this form if you are interested. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: 11th February, 2022