Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Communications Associate
Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] whose mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa.
We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable through Follow The Money. CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress.
To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
CODE is calling for a Communication Intern who will join the team to carry out the following responsibilities:
– Assists in engaging and inspiring content across our range of programmes, interventions and campaigns.
– Assist in creating awareness and interest within our audiences and stakeholder groups, driving traffic to engage with digital content.
– Assist in writing compelling and engaging stories, scripts and content for social media, as well as for organisation milestones and special events.
– Support the team to shape CODE’s content and communications strategy.
– Create, update and manage all published contents (images, videos and text).
– Collaborate with other teams, including management, to ensure cohesive branding and public relations.
– A year of proven experience in communications and media relations.
– Proficiency in Canva (Intermediate).
– Funnel Creation & Email Marketing (Intermediate).
– Audio & Video creation and editing with mobile phone (Basic).
– Copywriting Skills (Intermediate).
– Stellar written and spoken communication skills.
– Press engagement and relationship management.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, English and Literary Studies or related field.
– An ego-free attitude when it comes to taking constructive feedback and running with it.
– Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
– Positive, flexible, solution-oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team of professionals working toward a common goal
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should fill the form provided. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: 11th February, 2022