Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Chief Executive
Connected Development [CODE] is a non-governmental organisation that is building the largest social accountability movement and empowering marginalised communities across Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building the capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable. To further drive our messages and amplify the voices of grassroots communities, we are looking for competent hands to help expand our footprints and drive value through online and offline content. The role will support the communications team to shape CODE’s content and communications strategy.
- MBA or Advanced Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years corporate or development communications work experience
- Extensive list of media contacts.
- Knowledge of strong brand standards across all communications channels.
- Strong and confident leadership.
- Awareness and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder, PR and Media Management
- Experience with NGOs, CSOs
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- An ability to work fluidly across multiple projects and tasks.
- A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the visual identity process
- Oversee CODE’s entire communications and advocacy activities.
- Assemble and oversee a diversely skilled communications team.
- Responsible for crisis management and preemptive planning while maintaining an awareness of possible risks and threats.
- Manage media relations; communications budget and ensure quality control of all information released.
- Determine communications strategies direction, public relations and act as spokesperson on behalf of the Organisation.
- Build, increase and manage relationships with government representatives, journalists, and stakeholders.
- Create content for corporate materials, in-house correspondence and technical documentation.
- Create and proofread internal and external communication documentations before publishing.
- Take lead in dissemination of communication materials to relevant stakeholders
- Oversee communications activities by Chapter Leads and persons in charge of Follow The Money Radio.
- Support other Departments in media and communications related capacity building and ensuring that this is integrated within programmes.
- Develop and oversee communications work plans for all campaigns and projects while promoting brand values
- Oversee content for monthly newsletters, periodical press releases, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents
Method of Application:
Send your CV, a cover letter and 5 links of your best works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: Dec 31, 2021